Senior Full Stack React/Node.js Developer (m/w)
Pixsy is a fast-growing startup that helps photographers discover how their work is used online and resolve instances of unauthorized commercial use.
We’ve helped 25,000+ photographers in 72+ countries uncover over 165 million uses of their photos online.
Pixsy is run by a highly talented, international team of creatives, photographers, legal copyright and licensing experts and developers. We come from the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Australia, Japan, New Zealand and many more countries. Subsequently, our dedication and passion for helping creatives loans itself to the high quality of our work and is easily recognizable, both to our partners and customers, as one of our company’s core values.
Above all, Pixsy is a company built with a purpose – to fight for the rights of artists!
Our Berlin Office is located in Kreuzkölln close to the Maybachufer with many nice cafés and restaurants around.
What to expect
As Senior Fullstack Developer with a solid expertise in React and Node.js and also DevOps experience you are part of a growing team and work directly with our CTO and co-founder. We offer you a chance to take responsibility and make leading decisions on various exciting projects of our roadmap. As the team is small we currently use a low overhead Kanban board to align our tasks.
We have a modern infrastructure and a complete integration pipeline for continuous software development and release planning.
In order to work with us it is crucial that you have at least 3 years work experience in the following fields:
- solid understanding of working with Node.js server frameworks (ExpressJS/Hapi/Koa)
- fluent in async patterns (Promises/Async+Await,Streams) and experienced in designing backend architecture and/or APIs
- familiar with common DevOps tasks and know how to fluently work with bash/terminal, deployment (EC2)
You can make us extremely happy if you had knowledge with
- functional paradigms of Elixir, Clojure, Elm, etc.
- MicroServices / FaaS Systems
- Grafana / Prometheus
- Docker / Kubernetes
Working with us means
- Making a difference: Grow an international brand and community
- Have a real impact on a growing industry
- Freedom to own this part of the business
- Work in a young, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Hip office in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzkölln
- Snacks, drinks and team events
Please send us your application including your Github, Stack Overflow and Twitter profiles – we really want to get to know you. After a short onsite interview or hangout with our CTO Torsten we ask you to impress us by taking a little code challenge. Following that we invite you to an onsite interview to also meet our COO Kain and get to know the team a bit better. Your contract will be unlimited with a probation period of six months. In case you need a visa we will be happy to assist you.